Hilton Head Island is arguably one of the most romantic places in the U.S. With its white sand beaches, dripping Spanish Moss, exquisite seafood … it’s easy to see why so many people come to this little island of ours to celebrate love.
If you’re trying to plan a Valentine’s Day your sweetheart will never forget, we’ve got you covered.
There’s something for every couple on Hilton Head:
The classic dinner date
Want to stick to the classic Valentine’s dinner this year – especially since the holiday unfortunately falls on a Monday? Even dinner on the island can be pretty spectacular. There are so many tasty restaurants on Hilton Head – and tons with great views and romantic settings, too.
Here are a few restaurants that typically have Valentine’s Day specials:
- Savor Sea Pines – Valentine’s Day at Links, An American Grill: There’s no more romantic setting to celebrate Valentine’s Day than The Sea Pines Resort. The culinary team at Links, an American Grill have crafted a luxurious three-course menu sure to make your honey swoon.
- The Jazz Corner – Dinner + Live Music: Have a romantic dinner while enjoying jazz music by the Martin Lesch Band as they perform a special Valentine’s Day celebration of Nat King Cole.
- Old Oyster Factory: Wine & dine your loved one with this Valentine’s Day wine dinner with a view! Old Oyster Factory has spectacular views from the waterfront of Broad Creek. The dinner will include a special five course meal – each course paired with a different wine from Rombauer.
Romance on the water
Does a dinner date seem too boring? Book a romantic dinner cruise instead! Join Vagabond Cruises on the Spirit of Harbour Town. You’ll enjoy private table seating and the most beautiful views of a Carolina sunset. Book your cruise here.
Want to skip dinner entirely? Book a private Hilton Head sunset cruise or private dolphin tour instead! There are a ton of boat tour companies on the island.
Plan an adventure date
Looking for adventure?
Believe it or not, there’s plenty of adventure to be found on and around this little island paradise. You and your loved one could:
- Rent kayaks or SUPs (stand up paddleboards)
- Go hiking through Sea Pines Forest Preserve (and pack a picnic lunch!)
- Go for a LONG (and more remote) hike on neighboring Pinckney Island National Wildlife Refuge
- Explore Daufuskie Island
- Rent bikes and explore the island’s bike paths – or beach cruisers to bike the beach!
- Go horseback riding with Lawton Stables
- Book a helicopter tour
Picnic on the beach
Set up an lnstagram-worthy picnic on the beach! Create a charcuterie board or get take out from your favorite restaurant, and set up a romantic picnic. If you want to go above & beyond, you can make it extra cozy with pillows and some decor – and maybe even a few battery-powered candles. Just remember: Alcohol is NOT permitted on the beach, so save the bottle of champagne for when you get home!
Plan a spa date
Could you both use a little pampering? Book a romantic spa package for two! There are several resorts and stand alone spas on the island to choose from.
Book a staycation
If you live nearby, why not splurge a little and book a vacation home for the weekend – or a hotel room just for the night? A stay in one of the island’s luxury hotels might just be the perfect gift for you both.